Charles A. Perkins, Ph.D.
Professor, Business Management
- Bachelor of Science, U.S. Naval Academy
- MBA, University of California, Berkley
- Doctor of Philosophy, George Washington University
- Principles of Marketing
- Strategic Planning
Charles Perkins, Ph.D., joined the School of Business as a professor of management in the fall of 2010 after a career in academic administration which included seven years as chair of the Department of Business and Economics and dean of the Division of Professional Studies at Missouri Western State College, 10 years as provost at Alvernia College and three years as provost at Point Park University. Perkins also completed a 20-year career as a supply officer in the U.S. Navy, retiring at the rank of commander.
- "Should a Leader Follow a Compass or a Weathervane," International Leadership Association, Annual Global Conference, 2010.
- "The Importance of the Strategic Plan in Accreditation - Linking Institutional Assessment," Eastern Association of College and University Business Officers Annual Meeting, Washington, D.C., Oct. 11, 2010.
- Co-presented "Advisors as Key to Systematic Retention Effort: Two Alternative Models," NACADA Annual Conference, Orlando, Fla., Oct. 4, 2010.
- The Business of Preserving Historic Ships
- Strategic Planning for Nonprofits
- Recruitment, Retention and Career Development for College Students
Selected Awards and Honors
- Clements Award for Teaching, U.S. Naval Academy