Joseph DeFazio, CRPC, Ph.D.
- B.A., Business Administration with concentrations in finance, marketing and management, Mercyhurst College
- M.S., Business Administration, California University of Pennsylvania
- Ph.D., Business Administration with a concentration in financial management, Northcentral University
- Corporate Finance
- Business Finance
- Introduction to Business
- Oral Communication
Joseph DeFazio, CRPC®, Ph.D., is a full-time instructor for the School of Business. At Northcentral University, DeFazio focused his dissertation on "The Relationship of a Match and Mismatch of the Social Style Profile on Practices of Communication and Counseling in the Financial Planner-Client Relationship." DeFazio currently works as an associate financial planner for Pittsburgh Financial Planners in Bridgeville, Pa. Prior to this position, he was a financial consultant for National City Bank and a financial advisor for Amerprise Financial.
- Behavioral Finance
- Financial Psychology
Professional Licenses and Affiliations
- Designated as a Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor®
- Member of Mercyhurst College tennis team and named Academic All-American, 2001-2005
- Member of Delta Mu Delta Business Honor Society
Point Park Features
- "The Money Thing: Faculty Help Students Prepare for Their Financial Lives After College," Point Park University website, April 4, 2017.
- "Meet Joseph DeFazio, CRPC, Ph.D., School of Business Instructor and Financial Planner," Point Park University website, Jan. 18, 2016.