SAEM Student Experience
Country music artist Sarah Marince talks to students in the SAEM Recording Business class.
Connecting with Working Professionals in Sports, Arts and Live Entertainment
The student experience in the SAEM major is intense and conducted with high expectations. Every opportunity for working and networking with professionals — both regionally and nationally — is encouraged.
For example, our SAEM students recently traveled to NYC for the Association of Performing Arts Presenters 2018 Conference and to Los Angeles for the Pollstar Live! 2018 Music Conference.
In addition, there are industry specific workshops and events on or near campus every semester for SAEM students. Here are some examples:
- "RWS Entertainment Gives Students Insight on Producing Live Events"
- "YWCA's Chaz Kellem Inspires Students to Cultivate a Culture of Diversity & Inclusion"
- Warner Music Nashville President & CEO Talks Candidly With Students
- "Pittsburgh Pirates Execs Offer SAEM Students Advice on Internships, Networking, Careers"
- "SAEM Class Working With Feld Entertainment Director to Market Monster Jam"
- "WYEP Chooses SAEM Program as Partner for ReImagination CD Project for Area Youth"
- "SAEM Welcomed Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Foundation CEO"
- "SAEM Department Welcomes Former Pirates Owner Kevin McClatchy to Campus"
- "Broadway Actor Gives Students an Inside Talk on the Entertainment Industry"
In addition, our SAEM students get hands-on, real-world experience assisting with concerts and events such as:
- Bon Jovi
- Bruce Springsteen
- Chris Tomlin
- Maroon 5
- Stanley Cup VIP Party
- The Who
- Thrival Festival and Price is Right Show
- Total Package Tour with NKOTB, Paula Abdul and Boyz II Men
- Warped Tour, Shania Twain concert
- WWE Monday Night Raw
Can you get a job in this field? You bet!