#NHSDF at Point Park University, Feb. 26 - March 1, 2020
Point Park University will host high school students from around the country and around the world to the National High School Dance Festival, Feb. 26 - March 1, 2020. Please check back for additional details and registration information.
About the 2018 Festival
The 2018 National High School Dance Festival at Point Park included:
- Opening ceremony at the Byham Theater featuring Jessica Lang Dance, a New York City based dance company.
- Scholarship auditions for dance programs and summer intensives in front of prestigious schools from across the country.
- More than 150 master classes led by guest artists and choreographers in Point Park's state-of-the-art dance facilities.
- Two master classes with Jessica Lang Dance.
- Workshops about the college admissions process, careers in arts management, business management, marketing for dance and performing arts, as well as creating and managing a professional dance company.
- Campus tours.
- Closing ceremony at the Byham Theater where more than hundreds of scholarships were awarded to students.
Train in State-of-the-Art Dance Facilities
During the festival, students trained with resident dance faculty, guest artists and choreographers to develop a solid foundation of skills in Point Park's state-of-the-art George Rowland White Performance Center.
Garfield Lemonius, chair and associate professor of dance
Kathryn Kearns, NHSDF founder and executive director
Explore Point Park and Pittsburgh
Point Park University - Pittsburgh's Downtown University - is in the center of a world-class city located within walking distance to museums, galleries, shops, eateries, sports stadiums and more:
- Campus virtual tour
- Campus map
- About Pittsburgh
- Pittsburgh is my campus
- Conservatory of Performing Arts
Welcome to Point Park University and Downtown Pittsburgh!