Jane Howell, M.M.
Master Teaching Artist
- M.M., Accompanying, University of Alabama
- B.M.Ed., University of Mount Union
- Piano/Theory Fundamentals I, II
- Music Appreciation
- Private Piano
- Musical Theatre Techniques
Jane Howell is a master teaching artist at Point Park University, where she enjoys teaching private and class piano, Music Appreciation and accompanies for the musical theatre department. Jane was the musical director for the Conservatory’s New York Showcases for 10 years and served as musical supervisor for The REPS’ productions of Wig Out, Choir Boy and Souvenir. She has also been heard as an accompanist for choral festivals and reading clinics around the Pittsburgh area. She received a B.M.Ed. from Mount Union College and an M.M. degree in Accompanying with highest honors from the University of Alabama where she served as graduate assistant in the vocal and opera department.
Professional Memberships and Certification
- Music Educators National Conference
- Greater Pittsburgh Chapter of Choristers Guild, Founding President
- Choristers Guild Children's Choir Leadership Certification
- Choristers Guild Festival, Pianist
- Westminster Conference on Music and Worship, Accompanist
- Trinity Concert Series, Pianist
- Group piano pedagogy for musical theatre majors
- Women in the arts
- Working effectively with an audition pianist
- Group Piano/Piano Pedagogy Forum, University of Cincinnati College – Conservatory of Music, Cincinnati, Ohio
- National Conference on Keyboard Pedagogy, Chicago, Ill.
- Group Piano/Piano Pedagogy Forum, University of Oklahoma, Norman, Ok.
- Technology in Music Education (TIME), Duquesne University, Pittsburgh, Pa.