Hands-On Writing Experience for the Real World
We offers students in our creative writing program rich opportunities for practical experience. In addition to craft-oriented workshops, we host a literary artists club and regularly welcome nationally-known authors to lecture and work with our writing students.
Students in our creative writing major:
- Analyze important works in the genres they study;
- Define the most important elements of genres they study;
- Apply their understanding of creative genres by writing their own creative works;
- Refine their voices as writers; and
- Prepare to pursue an M.F.A. degree or a career in the arts or other profession.
Careers in Creative Writing
With a bachelor's degree in creative writing and English, you will have the option to pursue various career opportunities, such as:
- Communications professional