Robin Cecala, Ph.D.
Associate Professor of Broadcast Production
- Ph.D., Mass Communication, University of Southern Mississippi
- M.S., Multimedia Technology, Duquesne University
- B.S., Communication, State University of New York at Fredonia
- Communication Law & Regulation
- Survey of Mass Communication
- Video Production & Editing
- Introduction to Multimedia
- Professional Video Techniques
Robin Cecala, Ph.D., comes to Point Park from the University of Southern Mississippi, where she was an instructor in the School of Journalism and Mass Communication. Cecala also taught in the Communication Department at the State University of New York at Fredonia.
- U-View, Point Park's student-run television channel
- Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication
- National Communication Association
- Southern States Communication Association
Selected Publications and Presentations
- "College TV & Radio: The Challenges & Triumphs of Smaller Programs," session organizer and moderator, Broadcast Education Association Conference, 2014.
- "Real World Right Now: Implementing a Multimedia Collaborative News Service," panelist, Broadcast Education Association Conference, 2013.
- "From the Water Cooler to the World Wide Web: Audience Commentary on News Stories Online," in Race and News, Critical Perspectives, 2011.
- "ICE, ICE Baby! Local News, Immigration Raids and Audience Reactions Online," Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication, 2009.
- "Lost in Translation: Media Framing of Immigration and Audience Reactions to News Coverage in South Mississippi," National Association of African American Studies, 2009.
- "Gender Roles and Representations in Richard Scarry's Best Word Book Ever," Southern States Communication Association, 2008.
Selected Awards and Honors
- Assessment Award, Point Park University's Center for Teaching Excellence
- Arthur J. Kaul Memorial Fellowship, 2009
- Top Graduate Student Teacher, University of Southern Mississippi, 2008
- Phi Kappa Phi Academic Honor Society inductee, 2007
Point Park Feature
- "Faculty Profile: Meet Robin Cecala," Point Park University website, June 11, 2012.