Assistant Professor - Public Relations and Advertising
The Point Park University School of Communication seeks a full-time tenure-track assistant or associate professor in Integrated Marketing Communications with an emphasis in Advertising to begin in August 2019.
- Graduate degree in Communication or Media Related Field
- Significant professional experience in integrated marketing communications, including creative work
- Teaching experience in integrated marketing communications
- Ph.D. in Communication or Media Related Field
- 3-10 years of progressive professional advertising experience
- Thesis supervision in integrated marketing communications
- 3 years of higher education teaching experience in integrated marketing communications
Teaching responsibilities may include courses in Advertising, Public Relations, and Integrated Marketing Communications at the undergraduate and graduate levels. Additional responsibilities may include student organization advising, curriculum development, academic research, practiced scholarship, and service to the University, the School, and the profession.
The School of Communication is home to active and successful student chapters of the AAF and PRSSA. The University has strong ties to local, regional, and national professional organizations. Students in the program intern at local agencies, corporations, and nonprofits. In addition, the School of Communication operates Wood Street Communications, an Advertising and Public Relations initiative that services nonprofit organizations in Pittsburgh and surrounding areas.
The Point Park University School of Communication is home to 400+ students in several professionally-oriented majors. It is characterized by small class sizes and professors and instructors with significant networks and involvement in local and national professional organizations. Students are encouraged and required to engage in real-world projects while enrolled at the University, both inside and outside the classroom.
Pittsburgh, a most livable city, is home to a large number of Advertising and Public Relations agencies, companies, nonprofits, and institutions of higher education.
Application Procedure: Please submit the following:
- Cover letter
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Samples of Student Work
- Sample Advertising Campaign (if available)
Applicants must have authorization to work in the United States and not require employer sponsorship.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.