Assistant Professor of Theatre Lighting Design & Technical Production
The Conservatory of Performing Arts, Department of Theatre, at Point Park University invites applications for a full time, tenure track Assistant Professor of Theatre Production with a focus on Lighting Design and Technical Production, starting August 2019.
Candidates for this position must have strong professional credits in lighting design, practical experience in Theatre Production and a strong commitment to teaching, training and working in a university environment. The successful candidate will demonstrate a positive and collegiate mindset.
- Teach 12 credits/semester. Undergraduate courses include but are not limited to: A variety of Stage Lighting, Stagecraft, Drafting, Vectorworks
- Advise students on both academic and career goals
- Mentor students in production
- Participate in the audition process for incoming students
- Maintain a professional and creative affiliation within the discipline
- Serve on departmental and university committees
- MFA in Theatre with a focus in Lighting Design and Theatre Production.
- Experience teaching design and technical theatre at a university level
- Nationwide professional credits in lighting design and Theatre Production
- Continued ability to network within the professional field to promote the Conservatory students.
- Proficiency with Video Production is a plus
About the University:
Located in the heart of one of the most livable cities in the US, Point Park University, recently listed as a 2018-2019 college of distinction, is a vibrant, urban campus located at the periphery of historic Market Square in downtown Pittsburgh, with an enrollment of approximately 4000 full and part-time students in more than 50 areas of academic study. Over 60 full-time undergraduate students study Theatre Production within the Theatre Arts program which is one of three departments in the University’s prestigious and nationally recognized Conservatory of Performing Arts. Operating within a brand new $60 Million, 3 Venue, Theater Arts complex the department offers the following B.F.As: Technical Design/Management, Stage Management and Design. The programs are professionally oriented with rigorous training in each discipline while also educating collaborative, inventive Theater Professionals with a strong foundation in all areas of Theater Production.
- a letter of application
- curriculum vitae
- statement of teaching philosophy
- list of three professional references with contact information
- samples of creative work via DVD or URL
- 2 letters of recommendation
Send applications to: Alexandra Yargeau, Assistant to the Chair, Department of Theatre, Conservatory of Performing Arts, Point Park University, 201 Wood Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222 or email to email@example.com
If submitting your application by e-mail, please note that the subject line must state the position for which you are applying. Review of applications will begin on January 5, 2019 and continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must have authorization to work in the United States and not require employer sponsorship.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Positions are subject to approval and funding. Salary is commensurate with credentials and experience. For additional information, visit http://www.pointpark.edu.