Soundstage Production Manager
Reports to: Cinema Arts Department Chair
Department: Cinema Arts
Primary Function: Oversee the operations and safety of all Cinema Department productions within the Point Park University Playhouse Soundstage. On hand supervision for all classes that require rigging, setup and operation of the overhead grip system. Maintain and manage the lighting and grip equipment within the soundstage to ensure proper functionality. Manage the scheduling of all internal and external Playhouse Sound Stage productions.
Requirements: BA or MFA degree in film production or similar degree preferred. Must have a strong technical understanding and extensive working knowledge and experience on film/video productions produced on soundstages. Experience with lights, electricity, dimmer consoles, DMX, set construction, grip and gaffing duties, and on-set safety procedures.Facilities Description
- 3000 square foot soundstage 80’ x 40’ floor plan
- Grid and Catwalk at 13’
Significant portion of the job activity requires mobility. Ability to sit, stand, talk and hear. Some heavy lifting and considerable strenuous exertion is required such as frequent climbing of tall ladders, work on a scissor lift, and crouching and walking in restricted areas (catwalk).
Job will employ a flex schedule to cover after hours and weekend projects in the soundstage to accommodate the Cinema Department’s Academic and Production Schedule.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and maintain the schedule for all internal and external Playhouse Soundstage productions, events, and classes
- Manage, maintain, the equipment inventory used for the Playhouse Soundstage
- Perform period inspections of all Playhouse Soundstage equipment to ensure proper functionality
- Small, in-house mechanical and electrical repairs with the use of hand and power tools.
- Perform routine maintenance, updating and cleaning of equipment
- Coordinate with Department Chair and other service providers for installs, repairs and maintenance issues
- Assist the Department Chair in researching and making recommendations on equipment purchases
- Maintain documentation of all procedural information, equipment, reported issues and solutions
- Design and implement competency training documents, videos, exams, and workshops on the Sound Stage and Cinema Production Equipment
- Instruct and Assist faculty, staff, and students on protocols and material as it relates to technical elements within the Playhouse Soundstage
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies
- Troubleshoot production needs and offer suitable recommendations
- Troubleshoot reported equipment issues and determine course of action to resolve
- Communicate and coordinate with both technical and non-technical departments and personnel throughout the university
- Supervise and train students and additional staff as necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - SOUNDSTAGE PRODUCTION MANAGER - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.