Student Center Coordinator
Department: Office of Student Development
Office: Student Center
Reports to: Director of Student Development
- This position is part-time; average 10-15 hours/week with mostly evening & weekend hours
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Outlook, Publisher, Excel, and Power Point
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
- Prior experience in student involvement or program planning at the undergraduate or graduate level
- Bachelor's degree is strongly preferred.
- Supervise student workers in their responsibilities during evening and weekend hours
- Direct and manage student workers on programming initiatives.
- Perform routine walkthroughs of programming areas to inspect for damages and maintenance needs.
- Assist in the management and upkeep of facilities related to programming, including the various equipment within.
- Open and/or close programming areas when on duty.
- Plan marketing and promotions of programming initiatives, including the use of various social media outlets and Orgsync.
- Plan, coordinate, and assess night and weekend programming.
- Develop departmental communications including brochures, flyers, and annual reports.
- Assist in the oversight of the programming budget and oversee program-related expenditures and revenue.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualified applicants should forward a cover letter and resume via email to HROffice@pointpark.edu (preferred) or mail to:
Point Park University
Human Resources Office
201 Wood Street
Pittsburgh, PA 15222
When responding via email please reference - STUDENT CENTER COORDINATOR - in the subject line.
Please submit documents in Rich Text (.txt) Word document (.doc) or Adobe Portable Document Format (.pdf).
All emails submitted will receive an automatic confirmation email. Due to some junk mail filters, the confirmation email may not reach you. To ensure receipt of the confirmation email, utilize the return receipt option built into your email program when sending your information.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE. Due to the high volume of resumes received, Point Park University will not be able to respond to inquiries regarding the status of your resume. If we determine that your skills and experience match the position requirements, we will contact you to discuss the opportunity further. If you do not hear from us, we encourage you to revisit our website at www.pointpark.edu for the status of the position and future opportunities.
Point Park University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.