Spring 2016 Issue of The Point Magazine Now Online Tuesday, May 31, 2016
The Spring 2016 issue of The Point, the magazine of Point Park University, is now available on campus and online:
Feature highlights include:
- Entering a New Stage: Pittsburgh Playhouse construction begins with meticulous deconstruction of three historic Forbes Avenue facades, which will be incorporated into the new Playhouse.
- Listening to Pittsburgh's Homeless: Graduate students in clinical-community psychology partner with Operation Safety Net to take classroom lessons to the streets.
- Academic Progress: Meet John Pearson, Ph.D., Point Park University's new provost.
- A Teacher at Heart: Karen McIntyre, Ph.D., recognized with Lifetime Achievement Award, will lead initiatives in Point Park's new Center for Innovative Learning.
- Covering the Environment: Learn about Point Park's new degree program in environmental journalism, made possible through a grant from The Heinz Endowments.
- Pioneer Spirit: Competitive cheer and dance teams debut as Point Park's newest varsity sports.
More About: Pittsburgh Playhouse, Pittsburgh Playhouse, The Point, School of Arts and Sciences, athletics, School of Communication, Environmental Journalism, M.A. in clinical-community psychology, Conservatory of Performing Arts